If you use REDUCE, you can now perform your computations anywhere on your iOS device of choice. iCAS is a complete and native implementation of REDUCE with all of its major packages, including the gnuplot package. If you have an iPhone 4/iPad or later device, you can even use the iCAS screen mirroring feature to share your results/plots with your colleagues, walk a class through computations, etc.
If you're not familiar with REDUCE, it is an extremely powerful and flexible computer algebra system with a track record spanning over 40 years of use in the engineering, computer science, and physics research community. Simply put, iCAS is like having Mathematica or the computational engine of Wolfram Alpha in your pocket but, best of all, it runs natively on your iOS device so no internet connection is required. iCAS is fully programmable and provides the ability to reuse previous results in computations.
iCAS is all about getting computations done. Its simple, clean, and uncluttered interface is quick and nimble and stays out of your way and fancy graphics are used only where it matters, for fancy output and plots.
- Three modes of operation: CAS, Plotter, and Text Editor
- Interactive and batch mode execution
- User configurable macro keyboard
- Numerical keyboard for quick arithmetic calculations
- Rich set of user configuration options (e.g. enabled keyboards, keyboard configuration, automatically show plots or fancy output, etc.)
- Configurable font style, font size, foreground and background colors
- Support for all device orientations
- External screen mirroring support (iPhone 4/iPad or later device)
- Fancy output rendering engine can also be used for basic rendering of LaTeX files
- Expansion and ordering of polynomials and rational functions
- Substitutions and pattern matching in a wide variety of forms
- Automatic and user controlled simplification of expressions
- Calculations with symbolic matrices
- Arbitrary precision integer and real arithmetic
- Facilities for defining new functions
- Analytic differentiation and integration
- Factorization of polynomials
- Solving a variety of algebraic equations
- Facilities for the output of expressions in a variety of formats
- 2D and 3D plotting either using the REDUCE gnuplot package or via direct gnuplot commands
- And Much More